It occurred to me during my run yesterday that an awful lot of the songs that I listen to are about addiction or addicts. So, I thought I'd compile a list (disclaimer: not all of these are actually on my iPod) of my 10 current favorites about drinking, drugging, addiction and recovery(in no particular order)...
1. Rehab - Amy Winehouse
2. Amazing - Aerosmith
3. Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off - Joe Nichols (Yeah, I know it's an outlier....)
4. Cocaine - Eric Clapton
5. White Lines - Grandmaster Flash
6. Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd
7. Life in the Fast Lane - Eagles
8. Mother's Little Helper - The Rolling Stones (They didn't have any video of the original Beatles version)
9. Hurt - Nine Inch Nails
10. Truckin' - Greatful Dead
Please note: This list is in no way comprehensive or exhaustive. You've got better ideas? List your top addiction songs on the Being Anonymous page or here in the comments!!!
Just Keep Coming Back!